A BYOD scheme can greatly benefit your business, increasing productivity and significantly reducing costs. However, there are some key things you will need to consider to ensure that your BYOD scheme doesn’t turn into a data security nightmare.
What is BYOD?
BYOD or Bring Your Own Device is part of a growing trend within companies, in which they allow their employees to bring their own computing devices to the workplace for use and access to the secure corporate network.
How can BYOD benefit your business?
- Capitalises on the consumerisation of IT, empowering your workforce to work freely and flexibly.
- Increase in productivity.
- Reduced costs.
- Reduced hassle for employees having to carry multiple devices.
What are the potential risks?
- Physical loss or theft of devices.
- Compromised integrity.
- Loss of total control.
How can you prevent potential risks?
- Create a policy document.
- Create a BYOD strategy.
- Ensure your business has a robust data security system.
A BYOD scheme can greatly benefit your business. However, you will need to devise a structured BYOD plan to ensure that your business can capitalise from the many benefits the scheme has to offer whilst avoiding any potential data security nightmares.
For more information regarding the do’s and don’ts of the BYOD scheme we have created a FREE Guide to BYOD. The guide outlines BYOD and will provide you with professional IT advice on the policy documents you will need to create in order to avoid any potential mishaps.